Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sopes Al Pastor

Hello all!

My New Years Resolution is still going strong: 13 new dishes learned, 11 more to go! 
 
Since I didn't start blogging until recently, here is a list of the dishes I've already learned to cook this year: Butterflied Cornish Hens, Hot Wings, Dak Kang Jung (Korean Sweet & Crispy Wings) Kefta Kabob's,HummusHumbaEggless TiramisuPad Kra PowFujian Fried Rice (Chinese Fried Rice with Gravy), Short Ribs with Tagliatelle, Lisa's Mushroom Burgers, Pernil (Puerto Rican Pork), and Al Pastor. Hungry yet?

 With access to all these sites with free, delicious recipes, I'm sure I'll find a few staples that I'll keep in my cookbook to use for years to come. And thank you to all those people whose recipes I found online, without whose help I'd be stuck just using the traditional cookbook!

This past Thursday (7/7/11), I decided to make Sopes Al Pastor. Although I did not make the sopes from scratch, I made sure to get an authentic recipe for the al pastor. Luckly, my co-worker, Letty, has a great recipe which she shared with me. Thanks Letty -- that recipe was so easy to make and more importantly, delish! No more buying the pre-marinated kind from the store that isn't that good. While I was at the store, I decided to also get some Mexican-fare essentials: salsa verde, refried black beans, queso fresco, and avocados (for some guacamole), to complete our meal.

Frying up the pork that I cut into bite-sized pieces!
Here I added the seasonings and pureed chipotles.
Time to fry the sopes.
Hot off the pan and ready to eat. Don't mind the no make-up look.
Missing our refried black beans.
Are you hungry yet?



Thanks for reading! If you have any question about this, or anything else, feel free to e-mail me.

Stay beautiful, and stay hungry!


No comments:

Post a Comment